Orford Tasmania. The bridge across the Prosser River. : 無料・フリー素材/写真
Orford Tasmania. The bridge across the Prosser River. / denisbin
| ライセンス | クリエイティブ・コモンズ 表示-改変禁止 2.1 |
|---|---|
| 説明 | Orford.The first white man to sight the Orford district was Abel Tasman in 1842 when he named Maria Island. But the surf was so high that he did not dare try to land on the beach. The next day he sailed eastwards across the Pacific Ocean to New Zealand. Tasman also named Schouten Island after a Dutch East India Company councillor and that name is still used for a house in Swansea. Schouten Island is at the southern tip of Freycinet Peninsula. A few years before Captain David Collins sailed down the east coast to Sullivan’s Cove to make a penal settlement there in February 1804 a number of American sealers had temporarily settled on the east coast, often seducing or kidnapping Aboriginal women. Later in 1808 escaped convict Thomas Prosser and a few other escapees camped near here for a few months until they were captured again. The first white settler granted land at Orford, 1000 acres on the Prosser River, was Edward Walpole in 1830. He named his farm after Horace Walpole the 4th Earl of Orford. When Walpole sold his land in 1837 the government named the town site Orford. The town was established as a port for supplies to and from the convict settlement on Maria Island which operated from 1825 to 1832 and also from 1842 to 1850. The Prosser River was named after Thomas Prosser. The first bridge to be built across the Prosser River was built in 1866. In the early 1900s Orford developed into a holiday place for those escaping the bustle of Hobart. Little has changed since except for some coffee shops. |
| 撮影日 | 2025-02-16 10:01:01 |
| 撮影者 | denisbin |
| タグ | |
| 撮影地 | |
| カメラ | DSC-HX90V , SONY |
| 露出 | 0.001 sec (1/800) |
| 開放F値 | f/3.5 |

